The Media Department serves as a communication hub for the organization, and whose chief goal is to ensure that messages are communicated clearly, effectively, and efficiently, internally to leadership and laity as well as externally to the community-at-large. The media used to transmit message include but are not limited to audio, video, digital content, print materials, the church web site, social media, and signage.
The communications intern will work directly with the Media Director, and in collaboration with the Audio Technician and Audio Intern. The goal of the internship is to provide the student with a bit of flexibility by outlining minimum requirements as well as options for additional development. The internship intended for students seeking academic credit; there will be no monetary compensation for the internship.
• COMMUNICATIONS: Internal organizational communication: ability to craft messages to be disseminated among church staff, contractors, leadership, volunteers and congregants
o e.g. Devise a communications strategy for the unveiling of a new educational center
• PUBLICATIONS: Oversee the production of church publications, such as the church newsletter
• SOCIAL MEDIA/WEB: Manage the church’s online and social media presence
o i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and the church website*
• *Website design skills are not required for this internship, but the intern will create content to be displayed on the website
• ATTENDANCE: The Media Department has a monthly team meeting for which the intern would be required to attend.
• GRAPHIC DESIGN: If the intern has graphic design skills or would like to learn about graphic design, they have the opportunity to work with our graphic designers in creating content for web, print, and social media.
• ADVANCEMENT: With time, the intern could have the opportunity to work with church leadership as the Assistant Media Director.
The ideal intern will have:
• Exceptional communication skills and command of the English language
• The ability to meet deadlines
• A positive and professional attitude, as well as a willingness to learn
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to:
Luther Young (Send an Email)
Minister of Young Adults, Media Director
1515 Ann Street
Nashville, Tennessee 37216
Telephone: (615) 262-2531
Fax: (615) 228-2609
Sundays at 7:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Sundays at 9:15 a.m.
Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
1st and 3rd Wednesdays at 11 a.m.
Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
Monday after 1st Sunday at 7 p.m.